There are a number of ways you can become involved:
- Sponsor a Child
Why sponsor a child through Jolly Nyeko Foundation Canada JNFC?
- There are an estimated 2.5 million orphans in Uganda.
- Thousands of children are living with HIV/AIDS in poverty stricken communities in Uganda.
- Action For Children (AFC) is an indigenous Non Governmental Organization dedicated to the protection, rescue and promotion of children’s rights and welfare.
- AFC welcomes donors from around the world to help reach children and give them hope. Providing them with basic life necessities while giving capacity to the caretakers who look after them.
What is the status of the children who need sponsorship?
- Orphaned children
- Children and families living in very poor conditions
- Child-headed families
- Children living with sick parents
- Children living with HIV/AIDS
- Children with no hope
How does sponsorship help?
- Sponsorship helps to keep children in loving and caring families where they can grow and have a purposeful future.
- Sponsorship helps children to meet basic life necessities such as food, education, medical, shelter and clothing.
- Sponsorship helps strengthen the capacity of caretakers (parents or guardians) to look after their children.
How the process works
- Once you have decided that you would like to sponsor a child, fill out the sponsorship form to make monthly, annual or bi-annual payments.
- JNFC will send you a photo and bi-annual update reports on your child’s progress. You will be able to see how your love and support are helping to make a brighter future for a child in Uganda.
- You can write letters to your sponsored child.
Fill out and submit a sponsorship form, or contact the Child Sponsorship Coordinator, Jolly Nyeko Foundation Canada, for more information
JNFC was founded upon the notion of partnership, connecting Canadians with Ugandans to invest in the future of children and families. By sharing our gifts and providing financial support to grassroots community development projects we seek to build strong infrastructures and supportive social networks.
It is through the gifts and investments of individuals like yourselves that allows the Foundation to support Action For Children which “Bring Hope, Joy and Comfort to the Hurting.”
To make a donation securely by credit card through CanadaHelps.org, click the Donate Now button on the right, and follow the instructions there. Alternatively, cheques can be made payable to The Jolly Nyeko Foundation Canada and mailed to:
Jolly Nyeko Foundation Canada
3911 Hobbs Street
Any gift of any size makes a difference. Whether you give a one time donation or would like to consider a monthly investment, your partnership will impact not only individuals, but families, and communities. JNFC is a registered Canadian charity. Receipts for tax purposes will be issued for all donations over $10.00
We also will be having fundraisers throughout the year and would love to have your support. Keep an eye on our home page where we will keep you updated on activities and events.
We at JNFC believe that it is through partnerships that we can have a bigger impact on supporting children and families in Uganda, so we invite you to be part of the team. Whether you want to invest some time in Victoria, or actually go to Uganda, please take the time to consider how you can make a difference.
Here at home we are focused on bringing awareness of the work of Action For Children to Canadians through public awareness events, an education program, our website, and through word of mouth. Would you like to learn more? Contact Us to find out when our next information night is.
Nothing can be done without the proper resources to support it. We have opportunities for you to support the work of JNFC. The options are endless – community based events, corporate sponsorships and government grants. We need people to plan, host, execute or support these different means and would love to hear from you.
We are directly involved with the work of Action For Children, and volunteers have gone to Uganda to contribute to the work of Action For Children.
Are you ready to put your talents to work? Please e-mail your contact information and volunteer interests to or phone us at . We can then be in touch with you to help you get involved. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
To help families and children become self-sufficient, we have started a project that will supply students at the school with livestock (chickens, piglets, or goats). These animals not only become a source of food, but also provide income generating opportunities to the students and their families through the breeding and the sale of offspring or, in the case of chickens, the sale of eggs. As well, the children are taught how to take care of these animals providing them with valuable life skills
The price for the livestock is very reasonable with chickens at $8.50, piglets at $25, and goats $60.
If you would like to support the children in this way, please contact us. Below are some pictures of the children and their livestock.
- Become a Member
Click here to fill out a membership form, if you are interested.
All membership applications are reviewed by the Board. If you are interested in learning more please Contact Us.